Home American Des Moines News Channels KCCI CBS 8 News Des Moines Iowa

KCCI CBS 8 News Des Moines Iowa

43
SHARE

(Watch Local breaking KCCI CBS 8 News Des Moines Io Live Stream Weather and Sports Channel Online Stream) KCCI TV 8 Weather Channel Des Moines, Iowa, United States Live Online Streaming. KCCI initiated on the air on July 31, 1955, as KRNT-TV. It was the third television channel in Des Moines and the ninth in Iowa. The channel was under the authority of the Cowles family. They were the publishers of the Des Moines Register and Des Moines Tribune newspapers. The family also owned the KRNT radio.

KCCI CBS 8 NewsThe Cowles family and rival KSO radio both smeared for the channel 8 construction permit. A decision was detained due to issues with the Cowles’ possession of Look magazine. Finally, the two channels reached a clearance that permitted KRNT to own 60 percent of the TV channel.KSO, on the other hand, to own 40 percent. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) accepted the station permit. KCCI CBS instantly bought out KDVR Fox 31 News Denver CO Live part of the television. KRNT-TV’s transmission day was initially about five to six hours long. This included a 15-minute news bulletin shows later in the evening. The KCCI has been part of the CBS television network through its complete antiquity.

KCCI CBS 8 News Des Moines Live stream


The FCC constricted its authority rules in the 1970s. This enforced the Cowles interests to trade one of their Des Moines telecast outlets. They chose to sell KRNT radio and KCCI CBS to Stauffer Communications in 1974. Cowles decided to preserve both newspapers and KRNT-TV. The channel later became KCCI CBS. It was the new calls standing for owner Cowles Communications, Inc. FCC guidelines at that time had a constraint on call letters. They were restricted to be used by TV and radio in the same business.

KCCI CBS TV is associated with CBS. It is certified to Des Moines, United States. The KCCI on airs a high-resolution digital signal on virtual and VHF channel CBS 8. This is done from the transmitting tower that is located in Alleman. Under the authority of the Hearst Television subsidiary of Hearst Communications, KCCI CBS sustain officers on Ninth Street in downtown Des Moines. On satellite, the channel is accessible on Mediacom KCCI CBS 8 in standard resolution and on digital channel 808 in high resolution.

Read More

SHARE